We have extensive duty and tax expertise and can provide knowledgeable advice and immediate support on investigation or prosecution instigated by HMRC.
There are comparatively few HMRC prosecutions each year as the HMRC Prosecutions Office selects their cases carefully and usually prosecutes where there is a very high chance of conviction.
If you are being investigated by HMRC it’s essential that you seek professional advice immediately. Neumans’ team can act promptly on your behalf to ensure that your personal and professional interests are protected.
Our areas of specialism include:
- advising on COP9 investigations
- defending prosecutions for tax evasion and cheating the revenue
- defending conspiracy to defraud charges
- defending duty evasion charges
- defending money-laundering charges
We can also advise and represent you in any subsequent action by the Crown Prosecution Service in the course of:
- Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs investigations
- VAT investigations
- Investigations by any other regulatory body